Tuesday, March 17, 2009

new sports channel people, YAY!

Well, I think it's about time I talk about another sports issue that has just struck me. As many TV or sports enthusiasts would have already gathered, a new 'sports only' channel is being commissioned by the 10 Network for all digital TV owners, and I'm literally getting pumped just thinking about!

Just picture, tennis (YES, all year round and not just the Aus Open and one week of Wimbledon), basketball, all those AFL matches that we never see and even the pleasure of some proper international golf :)

Sports fans who can't afford foxtel (aka me) are practically besotted by this channel starting, I just really hope that it gets the support it deserves. We can only watch bad re-runs of 10 year old movies for so long, and besides I think Titanic has definitely reached its tether, don't you?

All I'm asking for is some fairness in what sport the channels cover. I don't expect it to be sport 24/7, but abit of giving back to loyal viewers surely wouldn't hurt. If the stations were consistent with what they showed and gave some sports a decent chance at viewer success, they might actually find a following will develop and such coverage isn't a waste of time.

As our shining light Lleyton would say, cmonnnn all you sports fans out there, support this channel when it begins on channel 12 through the ten netwrok (i stand to be corrected here!) and lets watch the success of a sports channel for the middle class sector of society.

over and out- megs

2 comments:

  1. pfft what a waste of a channel!
    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. :o never!
    not saying i dont like movies, but i enjoy sport more, you love it :)

    ReplyDelete