Thursday, April 2, 2009

Did someone say where's Huddink?

I don't think I'm the only person online who can't wait for 2009 to be over, bring on 2010 and the FIFA World Cup!
My soccer excitement has been dull lately since there isn't much coverage of international games on free-to-air TV in Australia, but it seems as though our little side is getting some pretty dcent form together.
For those of you who don't know much about soccer, you might think Uzbekistan is just some small unknown side from the Middle East that we should pummel into insignificance. In fact, their side has some very classy players who play in Europe and it was predicted that this would be a much tighter contest than first anticipated.
But much to the delight of the rejuvenated Aussie bandwagon, we pulled out some goo form from god knows where and as a nation we suddenly seem reinvigorated for another world cup assault.
I admit, I'll be one of the first people on the wagon if we get a fantastic draw, and god forbid make it as far as we did last year in 2008. But come on, who doesn't love a good fairytale and if Australia is in it then so much the better. If it unites us as a country and promotes another sport besides AFL for even a split second, then we all should embrace the all-Euro football and come along for the ride. I know I will be!

Over and out- MEGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment